Brisbane is an amazing city with so much excitement going on every day that visitors have a myriad of things to choose from to entertain themselves. Many visitors however miss out on the great things to do in the areas around Brisbane including the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay . So, if you are looking for a bit of a drive and sight see outside of Brisbane while you are staying with us – here are some great things to do in those locations.
Firstly the Sunshine Coast is located within an hour of the northern suburbs of Brisbane. Some great things to see and do there are :
- The Australian Zoo Beerwah – Australia Zoo is a 1,000-acre zoo located in the Australian state of Queensland on the Sunshine Coast near Beerwah/Glass House Mountains.
- Noosa National Park Noosa – Large, scenic area with a mountain summit walk & coastal trails, plus wildlife viewing & swimming.
- Sea Life Sunshine Coast Aquarium Mooloolaba – is a marine mammal park, oceanarium and wildlife sanctuary.
- Aussie World Palmview – Theme park with rides, shops & eateries. Time-tested theme park featuring a range of rides & attractions, plus shops & casual dining options.
- The Glasshouse Mountains – The Glass House Mountains are a group of thirteen hills that rise abruptly from the coastal plain on the Sunshine Coast.
The Gold Coast is one of Australia’s most iconic destinations. The Gold Coast is a metropolitan region south of Brisbane on Australia’s east coast. It’s famed for its long sandy beaches, surfing spots and elaborate system of inland canals and waterways. It’s also home to many theme parks, inland, hiking trails, Lamington National Park, and home to rare birds and rainforest. Some of the most popular attractions are :
- Gold Coast Parasailing– Enjoy the thrills of parasailing for you and a friend or partner in this experience.
- Springbrook and Tamborine Rainforest Tour Including Natural Bridge and Glow Worm Cave – Journey into the hinterlands on this 5-hour afternoon tour of the Springbrook National Park from the Gold Coast. Explore the UNESCO-listed Goondawanna rainforests by coach, stopping to walk through the jungle, peek into ancient caves and enjoy views of Mount Warning from the Best of All Lookout.
- Dreamworld Coomera – Sprawling amusement complex featuring themed areas, with rides, attractions and a wildlife park.
- Full Day Mount Tamborine Winery Tour from Gold Coast – Travel through picturesque valleys with scenic mountain views while learning about the area’s wine-making history from an informative guide. Then, stop at four wineries and either a brewery or distillery, enjoying multiple tastings at each.
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Currumbin – Native animals on display in natural surrounds, plus shows, encounters & a wildlife hospital.
- Lamington National Park – known for its section of the ancient Gondwana Rainforests, home to the rare Albert’s lyrebird. Walking trails in the park’s 2 areas, Binna Burra and Green Mountains, criss-cross the McPherson Range.
Enjoy Brisbane and the great locations to the north and south on your next stay with Uptown Apartments in Brisbane. Dave and Nicki Lee.
- Uncategorized (27)